Dentures are removable prosthetic dental devices that replace the missing teeth in the mouth. It is customized to perfection for each patient with artificial teeth and an acrylic base. At Montpelier Family Dentistry, the dentists recommend dentures as an excellent treatment option to restore the missing teeth in the mouth.
Advantages of Dentures
- Dentures enhance the aesthetic appearance of the patient by filling the gap in the mouth.
- It provides solid support to the patient's bone structure and maintains the appearance of the lower face.
- The speech and communication problems caused by the missing tooth in the mouth can be resolved with dentures.
- Dentures are easy to maintain and last for over ten years on taking care of them.
What are the Types of Dentures and How are they Fabricated?
- Full Denture
Patients who have a complete arch of teeth missing in their mouth are provided full dentures. It replaces the entire set of teeth and restores the functionality of the patient's teeth.
It is fabricated with the help of the patient's dental measurements. The Dentist in Laurel MD uses a mold to obtain the impressions on the mouth. Digital imaging systems are also used for precise measurements. It is sent to the laboratory for the fabrication process. Dentures are created for the upper jaw and the lower jaw separately. The fully fabricated dentures are placed inside the mouth of the patient with the help of suction and are checked for proper fitting.
- Partial Denture
The dentists provide partial dentures for patients who have one or multiple teeth missing in their mouth. It is designed to fit the gap created by the missing teeth in the patient's mouth. The dentist takes the impressions of the mouth, which are sent to the laboratory for fabrication. Partial dentures are anchored in place to fix the gap.
Caring for Your Dentures
- Clean the dentures every day and rinse them under running water after meals.
- Brush the gums, tongue and palate every day.
- Place them in a soaking solution when not in use.
- If damaged, avoid self-repairing it and take it to the dental practice for repairs.
Montpelier Family Dentistry, located in Laurel, MD, is equipped with the best dentists and modern technologies that enable the best dental care facilities for the patients. Call us at (301) 812-4599 and schedule an appointment with the dentist to know more about dentures and other services provided at the dental practice.